Thursday 17 April 2008

The Army - Tank Design

My army advert is going to focus around one thing. A Tank. So I thought I would show some progress I've been making with modelling my tank. It's 'loosely' based on the British tank Challenger II, but i've made up bits here and there. Next stage is finish the shell, then model the back and finally the turret and gun.
-
I've got the tank tracks and wheels to animate, the wheels spin round and the track moves. Unfortunately they aren't working together in Max (the wheels don't make the tracks move), but it looks like they do lol and that's good enough for me! I imagine getting the wheels and tracks to connect together and both move would be done in reactor (not even gonna try!).
-
Also have been playing around with different
rendering techniques, mental ray and light tracers etc. Not having much luck with mental ray because its a bit hard. Perhaps I will give up before I start.
-
-

No comments: