Wednesday 5 December 2007

The Cube Faces (detail)

It may seem like an easy thing, applying a few images onto cube faces. But I found with most things, it isn't as easy it might appear to be.
-

I obtained a selection of images i believed suited the channel, and themes from my mood board desi
gn. The images ranges from underwater, moantains to construction plans etc.
-

The images had to be split up into 6 seperate images so each part could be applied to the surfaces of the cube. Easy peasy. I s
plit up the images into 6 sections using Photoshop, imported them into 3D max, applied them onto the cube face, hit render and VOILA! it's wrong! Take a look at the rendered picture.

-
The images
are all wonky and do not align properly. Just look at the pencil! I realised that i hadnt compensated for the black dividing grid lines on the cube. I had to put all my images back into Photoshop and I created a template with black lines already on. This was a long shot. I put the image on this and using layers, I copied each individual square and saved it as a new file.

<-- So I went from this...Put it onto this -->










Then copied each section the square and made lots of little these.. Some of the image was lost, but it's ok, honest :) You don't notice anyway.



The final result..

No comments: