Wednesday 12 March 2008

Modelling my Mug (step by step)

MODELLING MY FACE PART 2 - you NOSE it!
-
The hardest thing I have encountered so far with modelling my mug is the nose and the mouth. This has taken literally hours of fiddling and tweaking, changing lines, moving vertexes, and with all this nearly falling off my chair laughing at the way it turns out.
-

I've decided that in order to make progress with my face and get all my other coursework done as well i'm going to have to settle with something, so what i have done i wouldn't say i'm 100% happy with, but it's good enough to continue to the next stage without starting again completely from scratch (something i have seriously contemplated)

-
Stay tuned for my eyes and ears and the rest of the head - bleh!

-
-
MODELLING MY FACE PART 2 - symmetry

-
The next stages of the face modelling is in 3D studio max. The image of the topographical lines were imported into max so I could create lines over the image to build up a mesh of my face. Once this was done (and with a LOT of tweaking), the face can be made symmetrical allowing the next stage of the face to be completed.

-
This is what turned out.

--
Moving the vertexes sideways was tricky to begin with but it comes together in the end.


MODELLING MY FACE PART 1 - topology
-
I thought it might be a good idea to upload some images of my attempts at modelling my face in 3D max.
-
The first stage was getting a suitable image of my face front and side on and making sure that key areas lined up okay (eyes, nose and mouth) - This was VERY annoying, but I got there in the end (still not exactly lined up like that guy in the tutorial, what a complete
symmetrical freak). to make my face more symmetri
cal I mirrored one side of it.
-
Here are images of my face lined up with the topographical lines drawn on. (excuse the dodgey hair)
-

-

No comments: